Tuesday 13 April 2010

bolivian ram eggs

I used to have pair of ( or I think a pair) Bolivian rams where female is bigger than male and they used to fight all the time. Now I have a German blue ram pair which moves all over the tank all the time together. They laid eggs...

hatching Bolivian Ram eggs
hatching Bolivian Ram eggs

My bolivian rams from my 29g planted tank laid eggs.
My bolivian rams from my 29g planted tank laid eggs.

Mummy Bolivian ram and eggs
Mummy Bolivian ram and eggs

Fish eggs; Male bolivian ram
Fish eggs; Male bolivian ram

Bolivian Rams and their Eggs. I went away for two days to see my family
Bolivian Rams and their Eggs. I went away for two days to see my family

Bolivian Ram 2
Bolivian Ram 2

Bolivian Rams General.... And now, I have ram eggs on a flat rock. Both parents are fanning the eggs and keeping all other tank-mates at bay. 40 gal. tank, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 7.5 pH, water changes about every 10...
Bolivian Rams - FishKeepingBanter.com

i just purchased a bolivian ram. i was wondering if someone could tell me whether it is a male of female. thanks!... Unfortunately, coloration (belly or fin) is not a reliable indicator of sex either with bolivian rams, as it can be with german blue rams. Ventrical comparisons are the most sure-fire way to determine sex without actually observing them laying/fertilizing eggs, but yours appears to be a female. If you can post a more close-up picture of her underside, particularly...
bolivian ram eggs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home