Wednesday 2 November 2011

original fiji mermaid

I initially thought that everyone would know who the Fiji Mermaid was – but I find myself explaining who he is every time I show one of my Fiji paintings. The Fiji Mermaid was a P.T. Barnum exhibit, and although the original...

the original Fiji mermaid
the original Fiji mermaid

Fiji Mermaid
Fiji Mermaid

Fiji Mermaid T-Shirt
Fiji Mermaid T-Shirt

Fiji Mermaid T-Shirt
Fiji Mermaid T-Shirt

Fiji Mermaid Completed
Fiji Mermaid Completed

05 - The Fiji Mermaid
05 - The Fiji Mermaid

They'd have to up the freakishness by 250% to really top the original flick and get me in the front row seat, but if they succeeded in that I'd watch it. The original is like a train wreck or a... Posted by The Fiji Mermaid at 7:26 PM...
Sideshow Cinema: The Blog: League of Extraordinary ...

Over the years there were hundreds of other Fiji Mermaids making the rounds on the carnival circuit, but it's feared that Barnum's original mermaid was destroyed in an 1880 fire. But maybe not. Harvard's Peabody Museum...
original fiji mermaid

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home