Wednesday 1 June 2011

machu picchu face fake

This photo is of me looking on to Huayna Picchu (in Quechua, literally “the young peak”, where Machu Picchu is “the old peak”); about 400m (or 1300ft) of vertical hiking that I still had ahead of me. The problem is that a previous .... Every challenge I face is something many have dealt with before me, and I may have had some setbacks they didn't, but I worked around them – hopefully in reminding people of that, they'll give their big challenge a better try too :). Simon J...

The Face of Microfinance in
The Face of Microfinance in

Machu Picchu. Need I say more?
Machu Picchu. Need I say more?

Machu Picchu. Need I say more?
Machu Picchu. Need I say more?

Machu Picchu was built around
Machu Picchu was built around

I love the look on Lia's face
I love the look on Lia's face

Drawing process
Drawing process

Can you see the face in this picture? Well, after Many Faces Illusion, Many... It's also a grave insult to the Inca inhabitants of Machu Picchu, who were awesome terraformers who built millions of square meters of farming terraces on those slopes. They actually *could* have made it a .... Yep, it's a fake, I'm a veteran mountain guide here in South America, and have been guiding in Peru, including Machu Picchu for over 10 years. I examined the photo and compared it...
Machu Picchu Illusion | Mighty Optical Illusions

Apparently Bingham anticipated that they would have a 100 year celebration of Machu Picchu and that Cusquena would print up a "Celebracion Especial" label. I can only assume that Bingham then (surely at great expense to himself) went out and... Nice try, Mr Peru, but that picture Cuzco descending from above is a fake, Many of the buildings in that picture actually are pretty new! And that picture of Cusqueña beer wasn´t taken in Bingham´time either. Still, thanks...
machu picchu face fake

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home