Tuesday 20 July 2010

peruvian food guinea pig

Of course, one of the main attractions of any trip abroad for me, is the food. Having never visited Peru before, I had no idea what to expect other than great ceviche and, of course, cuy or guinea pig. Arriving early in the morning...

Roasted Guinea Pig
Roasted Guinea Pig

Peruvian Cuisine is renowned
Peruvian Cuisine is renowned

Guinea pigs are dressed up for
Guinea pigs are dressed up for

Cuy Photos
Cuy Photos

Cuy (roast guinea pig)
Cuy (roast guinea pig)

As for the cuy, (guinea pig) I
As for the cuy, (guinea pig) I

Yep, that cute and furry animal we often keep as pets is a local delicacy in Peru! From high end restaurants to street carts selling guinea pigs on sticks, this animal sure is popular – Peruvians consume an estimated 65 million...
Weird and wonderful food around the world – A guide for the ...

Iwas relieved to hear that one of Peru's infamous delicacies – battered guinea pig – was not on the menu at Keenwä restaurant in Cape Town, since I would have felt the reproachful eyes of my niece's hamster, Muffin, on me,...
peruvian food guinea pig

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home