Wednesday 30 June 2010

baalbek lebanon history

The Roman ruins at Baalbek in Lebanon were among my father's favorite haunts. He was a professional photographer. Lebanon was his studio. We discovered the country, and ourselves, through his eyes.... I like to think that despite my youth when he died, his photographs are part of my history, catalogued for the most part in my mind to this day for lack of more tangible memories of my father, like the sound of his voice or some of those shredded bits of counsel and...

columns, Baalbek, Lebanon'
columns, Baalbek, Lebanon'

at Baalbek in Lebanon
at Baalbek in Lebanon

Hotel, Baalbek, Lebanon
Hotel, Baalbek, Lebanon

File:Lebanon districts
File:Lebanon districts

Baalbek, Lebanon. - History
Baalbek, Lebanon. - History

Baalbek, Lebanon - Royalty
Baalbek, Lebanon - Royalty

Ancient Aliens, Baalbek Defies Logic, History, Modern Technology, Video, UFOs. Baalbek, Lebanon Ruins that date to 7000 B.C. Known as "The Landing Place". Baalbek (Arabic: بعلبك‎) is a town in the Bekaa Valley of...
Ancient Aliens, Baalbek Defies Logic, History, Modern Technology ...

Solo Woman in Lebanon: After years of war, a new travel destination - and yes, it's great for solo travel.... That's how my visit to Baalbek began, and the kindness of strangers was equal to that of my visit to Lebanon last February. Before I arrived, all the advice I received told me not to rent a car...that I'd have a hard time driving in a .... A quick shake of the head, and they moved on. Susan McKee is an independent scholar and freelance journalist specializing in history, culture and travel.
baalbek lebanon history

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home