Friday 7 May 2010

pompeii pictures for kids

The kids enjoyed the carved skulls on the floor stones. After making our way past the hundreds of souvenir stands, we bought the requisite gelato and drove back to Lucca, stopping for some sunflower pictures in the field we...

lived in Pompeii had long
lived in Pompeii had long

Pompeii: the Last Day – a
Pompeii: the Last Day – a

Pompeii would find me visiting
Pompeii would find me visiting

Plaster Casts from Pompeii Are
Plaster Casts from Pompeii Are

Photo: Cast of Pompeii victim
Photo: Cast of Pompeii victim

Ancient Pompeii - Ancient
Ancient Pompeii - Ancient

My girlfriend and I took my kids to the Boston Museum of Science to see an exhibit called "A Day in Pompeii" which is basically a bunch of artifacts excavated from the famous city that sat at the base of Mount Vesuvius (which loosely translates to "A Mountain named Vesuvius" - you're welcome)... Of course, no photographs of tragic historical events is complete without going to work the next week and, you know, making the pictures you took into greeting cards and shit.
I saw a "Day in Pompeii" and all I got was some really filthy looks in ...

It will be nice to go as far as Naples and Pompeii. Return to Rome for 2-3 nights and fly home. Thanks in advance for... http://www.flickr.com/photos/mksfca/4200855335/in/set-72157622914503405 and the next 11 pictures in the set. You might want to stay west of Florence to see Florence and .... I figure my kids will go back to Rome one day as adults so just want to take in the city and have everyone enjoy it. Where (and if) you base yourself in Tuscany will depend on...
pompeii pictures for kids

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home