Friday 24 April 2009

peru machu picchu inca trail

Two events changed everything: I met Mike, who would become my life partner, and I climbed Huascaran, the highest peak in Peru and the highest of my career. Following a wonderful month-long trek over Inca trails, ending at Machu Picchu, I embarked on a month-long expedition to climb Huascaran with Mountain Travel. When I got home I discovered that my camera had malfunctioned; the loss of my photos was devastating. Nothing remains from the Inca trek, but...

Machu Picchu, Cusco - Peru
Machu Picchu, Cusco - Peru

Machu Picchu - Inca Trail
Machu Picchu - Inca Trail

Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
Inca Trail to Machu Picchu

Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
Inca Trail to Machu Picchu

Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
Inca Trail to Machu Picchu

Inca Trail Map
Inca Trail Map

Machu Picchu Machu Picchu in Peru is one of the main tourist destinations in South America and for good reason.... One of the walks can be taken are the classic Inca Trail 2 day Inca Trail or Salkantay Route. In the case of...
Travel To Galapagos Islands And Machu Picchu |

Although more than 70000 tourists visit Machu Picchu every year, only 500 permits are issued for hikers on the Inca Trail each day—two-thirds of which are reserved for porters and guides. Don't show up in Cusco expecting to book your trek a few days... Choosing a tour operator that meets Peru's porters law, including providing proper equipment and limiting load weights, is obviously the right thing to do. However, while it's important to be aware of porter welfare...
peru machu picchu inca trail

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home